TNT Tips Off NBA Playoffs Second Round Coverage With a Doubleheader Tonight at 7 p.m. ET
TNT's coverage of the second round of the NBA Playoffs will begin tonight, Monday, May 1, with a Game 1doubleheader at 7 p.m. ET - Raptors vs. Cavaliers, a rematch of last year's Eastern Conference Finals, followed by a match-up of MVP candidates when the Rockets and James Harden meet the Spurs andKawhi Leonard at 9:30 p.m. Game 2 of those respective series will air on TNT, Wednesday, May 3, beginning at 7 p.m.
The network will showcase Game 1 of the Warriors/Jazz series tomorrow, Tuesday, May 2, at 10:30 p.m.Tomorrow's action will tip off with Game 2 between the Wizards and Celtics at 8 p.m. The network's live game schedule and telecast notes follow.
TNT’s NBA Playoffs telecasts averaged 3.4 million viewers during the first round – up 12% over last year – to register the network’s most-watched playoff coverage in three years. TNT won the night across all of cable television nine times, while also delivering double-digit increases across all core male demosvs. 2016.
- Marv Albert will provide play-by-play of the Cavs/Raptors series. He will be joined by analyst Grant Hill and reporter Kristen Ledlow for Game 1. Analyst Brent Barrywill join Albert and Ledlow for Game 2.
- Rockets/Spurs will be called by Kevin Harlan, analyst Reggie Miller and reporterAllie LaForce.
- Play-by-play announcer Ian Eagle, analyst Greg Anthony and reporter David Aldrige will be on the call of Wizards/Celtics.
- Brian Anderson, Kevin McHale and Lewis Johnson will provide commentary and analysis of the Warriors/Jazz series.
- Segments from Area 21 – with TNT analyst Kevin Garnett and special guests each week – will be incorporated into studio coverage on Mondays throughout the second round. Garnett will be joined by four-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year Ben Wallace and four-time NBA All-Star Rasheed Wallace in Area 21 for tonight’s coverage. Additional Area 21 content, including a segment with musical artist 2 Chainz and a Facebook Live style update with Damaris Lewis and Lance Fresh will be available exclusively across KG Area 21 social media handles.
- The Sports Emmy Award-winning studio team of host Ernie Johnson, Hall of FamersCharles Barkley and Shaquille O’Neal and two-time NBA Champion Kenny Smithwill provide pregame analysis, halftime updates and extensive postgame coverage onInside the NBA presented by Kia regularly throughout the playoffs.
- TNT Overtime on NBA.com and in the NBA App will deliver enhanced coverage for over 30 playoff games – more than ever before – with exclusive content and analysis from TNT commentators. The unique companion experience allows fans to watch the game via four alternate camera angles, including Advanced Performance Replays sponsored by Nissan throughout the entirety of the playoffs.
- Additionally, live streaming coverage of all NBA on TNT playoff games is available via http://www.tntdrama.com/watchtnt and the Watch TNT app. Fans are able to access the games whenever and wherever they desire by logging in with the user name and password provided by their TV service provider.
Charles analyzes the Spurs/Rocketsmatch-up & special guest Billy Crystalweighs in on the playoff picture
Charles and Shaq preview theRaptors/Cavs series, a rematch of the 2016 Eastern Conference Finals